Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Daddy ....... (July 10th)





I told you we'd been busy, so i'm trying to catch back up to where we left off. Bill is finishing up his MBA this summer and so his birthday, tuesday, was on the same day he had class. So that means he goes to work all day, then straight to class, and doesn't get home till after 10pm, .... not much of a birthday. So Lilah and I decided to have a spur of the moment Surprise birthday dinner for Bill on monday night when he didn't have class, the day before his birthday. We knew this would really surprise him.

So John & Andrea ( who are adopting domestically here in Hawaii) and Abel came over to help us celebrate with the birthday boy. Many of you know when we first got home, Lilah wanted to be held ALL the time. Just the amount of time it took for me to change clothes in the morning and make up the bed would make her cry, so you can imagine that dinner was impossible to get finished. The day of the party I had so much cooking to do and she was such an angel all day. She sat right in her bumbo (greatest baby invention ever) and helped me cook all afternoon, and was a trooper with grocery shopping and all the last minute running around. It was like she almost knew we had to get it done and she was such a great sport. By the way, she's doing so much better now with entertaining herself. The sitting up on her own has really helped a lot. Now I'm afraid she's growing up too fast. She can put herself in the crawling position, no movement of course, but soon enough she'll be running around and will not want all that snuggling anymore. So i'm enjoying every bit of snuggling I can for now. I whisper in her ear at night to please not grow up too fast. Think it will work?

When our friends came over that night for the birthday, the boys helped Bill assemble Lilah's new highchair. We laughed about how times have changed..... They used to come over for relaxing & socializing and now we've got 'em busy putting highchairs together instead of enjoying sports center. But everyone brought Lilah a gift along with her Daddy's gift, so she felt like it was her birthday too, so much so that she wore Daddy's crown instead of him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lilah is adorable. everytime i check out your blog i get so excited to get my little girl! i hope you don't mind, we added you to our blogroll. check us out!
www.ziajosie.com

Shantel H. said...

Glad Bill had a nice Birthday! Too funny about the guys putting together baby stuff instead of watching sports :) Funny how kids change everything huh? I can't believe she's sitting up and getting ready to crawl! Time sure flies. I wish we could keep them little forever. Shantel :)

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog while blog surfing, and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading it! We are also here in Hawaii, and are in the homestudy phase of adopting from Vietnam. Seeing the happy pics you post with your little girl are a good reminder of the light at the end of this paperwork tunnel:) We have a long way to go, but I would love to hear more about the things you bought to take to VN as gifts for the nannies etc.

ussmeeks@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Bill!

Lilah is getting so big, she is so cute! Don't worry about her not wanting to snuggle as she gets bigger. Brianna just turned 4 and still loves to snuggle with mommy, esp at night before bed.

Sherru :o)

Anonymous said...

can you tell I am typing with a 4 yr old in my lap? I misspelled my own name. lol
Sherry :o)