Friday, August 10, 2007

Lilah Can Sit Up Now!!!





Lilah started sitting up last weekend. She now can sit up by herself from anywhere to 5 to 15 minutes without falling over. I put pillows all around her to cushion the fall when she does finally tip over. She's really enjoying sitting up and will sit next to me while I'm going through the mail, putting on makeup, etc. She does not want to hold everything that I've got. She makes this grunting whimpering type of noise when she wants what I have. It doesn't matter if I have a pen, paper, or machete, if I've got it she wants it.

She's now eating all kinds of baby food and I must brag and say she's doing quite well. She hated rice cereal, so we just skipped it and went on to fruits and veggies. She loves everything except green peas. She'll still eat the peas, she just makes a face when she does. She's also started using her sippy cup. Bill came home and said, "you've got the sippy cup out, isn't it a little soon?" She hasn't totally mastered it yet, but already she's making big improvements. She can now get some water out, but can't quite hold it high enough without a little help.

Lilah and I planned Bill a boys weekend in Vegas for his birthday. So he's off this weekend enjoying some friends he hasn't seen in a long time. We of course miss him, but are enjoying our girl time. We hope he comes home rich! But could he ever be richer than having the two of us?

I know we have been MIA from the blog for almost a month. Things just got crazy around here with finishing up the reconstruction, planning Bill's surprise birthday dinner, then Lilah and I headed to GA & Seattle for almost 2 weeks to let all the family meet my little pumpkin! Then we were back a day and my friend Leslie from nursing school came to visit with her family, so we've been busy bees. Hopefully things will slow down just a little now, but i'll never be able to blog as well as I did pre Lilah. Already I'm watching the clock knowing I better get to bed so i'll be ready when my little Sunshine wakes up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!!

Shantel H. said...

She is still such a cutie! She's doing so great with everything it sounds like. Great to read an update on things and I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see photos of the remodeling ya'll did! I bet everyone in Bwk loved seeing her. Did you see anyone I know? Wish I could've come to visit while you were there :) Hope Bill enjoys his weekend, tell him Happy B-day!

Anonymous said...

oh wow! Congrats Lilah!! How old is she now? She is so cute and you look like you are enjoying motherhood. I miss you, I enjoyed working with you at MUSC.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Lilah!! She is so cute! I am glad to see a new blog..I have been checking daily! I like to see my favorite Hawaii family on a daily basis and read what y'all are doing. Maybe we need to plan a girls trip on your birthday this year...whatcha think? Much love to all of you. Kat Balou