Monday, November 19, 2007

Lilah On The Go!!

Last tuesday we bought Lilah this little airplane from Target to help her start walking as Bill's sister Liz suggested. The minute we gave it to her she was off and running. She likes to sit on it and us push her around, but if you want to see her grin from ear to ear then let her stand behind it and push it. And as soon as she runs into a piece of furniture and can't go anymore she'll turn and look at you and squeal until you remedy the problem. We couldn't believe just how well she was doing with her airplane.
Lilah's grandpa, who we call Opa, celebrated his 72nd birthday this past saturday and we celebrated with a surprise Navy Soup Party. Soup party you may ask..... well, Bill's Dad loves soup so our menu consisted of 3 soups for our supper and since he is a retired Navy Commander all of our decorations were Navy themed. Liz and I did quite well with our decorating we submarines and anchors all over the place. This is a picture of Lilah with her cousin Lauren and her Oma and Opa just as the celebration was beginning. Lilah & Lauren shortened their naps so they could be right in the kitchen preparing with us!
She really loves this little airplane. And thanks to the airplane and all the walking practice she had, she took her first steps this past Sunday. So we gave her the toy on tuesday night and by sunday morning she was taking steps on her own. My baby is so advanced!!!! That's what I tell Bill all the time and he just rolls his eyes at me, but I think steps before her 10 month is pretty advanced..... (you can't tell i'm her mother can you?)
One of Lilah's favorite things to do while we get ready in the morning is to play with my makeup bag. She's been doing this for quite a while, but she's getting too smart. Now she can take the tops off of all the lipsticks, chapsticks, and lip liners, so I have to watch her close and she likes to suck on the blush brush, but other than that, this keeps her occupied for a few minutes while I finish blow drying. Don't you love her little leggings? I ordered these online. They have really helped us make some of her Hawaiian baby outfits wearable in the Seattle weather.
And here's my little cupcake holding onto my pants leg. See how we're both wearing brown corduroys pants. I always think its super cheesy when Mom's and babies dress just alike. But i've found in the mornings when I dress us, I'll find myself in a purple mood, or pink mood and don't even realize it till we're out of the house that we look just alike.

Well, that's just a few clips of what's going on around here. We just got the internet going on our laptop here at Oma & Opa's yesterday, so i should be able to do much better with blogging, anything is better than once a month, right? Papa arrives from Georgia tomorrow to celebrate Thanksgiving with us, so we're excited about that!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO great to see the pictures! Glad to hear that she is walking! I agree an amazing baby!

Lee said...

Amanda, does Miss Lilah have Baby Legs on?! Too cute...
Glad she likes the airplane, my Mom is giving Zoe a similar one for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how bit Lilah is now!!! She is so beautiful! I'm glad papa is going out to spend Thanks Giving with yall. Hey, where's the belly shots? lol
Take care and have a wonderful Thanks Giving with your family.

Jon and Andrea said...

Look at Lilah go! She is the cutest thing ever! Maybe she needs to come out here with her dad for a few days so Uncle Jon and I can get our Lilah fix. She can practice being the big sister with our new baby.

Shantel H. said...

Look at her go! That is adorable. My little one would have a fit over that airplane... he is obsessed with all things Mickey Mouse :) I love that Lilah likes to play in your makeup bag! What a cutie. I do the same thing with dressing alike.... if I'm getting myself and my boys all ready at the same time I end up doing the same colors too and I never even realize it! :) Well I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.... I know you must be excited to have your Papa out there with you also. Love, Shantel

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda! I am so glad to see the new pictures she is getting so big. My kids walked at 9 mos and I think they are pretty smart so yes she is advanced. Reece loved to play in my makeup too. I actually bought her some to play with because everytime I went to my blush brush it was wet and gross. The funny thing was she liked the one with the makeup on it. I can not believe how big she is getting? She is so cute. How are you feeling? Give Lilah a great big hug and kiss from me and Reece.

Love
Gayle

Anonymous said...

I can not believe how much Lilah has grown...and look at her...walking!! Wow! I am so impressed. Where are the pictures of you and your growing tummy? I want to see!! Give Lilah a hug and kiss for me. Love you, Kat Balou