Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Bill! Your 3 Girls Love You

Here is my favorite guy curled up on the couch with two of his favorite girls and a good book. Bill is a wonderful father. As our girls start to grow up they will learn this for themselves. I'm just proud of myself that I did such a great job picking out the father for my kids. I think his heart melts every time he hears Lilah say, "Dada." Some Dads don't spend a lot of time with their kids, but Bill starts playing the minute he walks in the door. He even helps me get dinner done and or washed and the kids ready for bed when he's been working hard all day. He takes great care of his family. Bill is off every wednesday, I don't know if many of you know that. But the girls and I call wednesdays our Daddy day, and its hands down our favorite day of the work week. Here's Bill, ....father's day morning,.... we made him a special mexican breakfast, his favorite! I should share that he cooked a large portion of it while I was fielding phone calls and tending to Aubrey Jane....what a great Dad!
Bill got 4 special gifts. One from each of us girls, and one from the 3 of us. This is a basting pot for when he's grilling. Aubrey Jane got him this one, but she was asleep when we opened gifts. Bill is quiet the grill master. He just got a new grill, so we got him several accessories for our favorite top chef.
Then we headed out for a hike not far from our house. Bill got me a hiking with kids in Western Washington book for mother's day and we found this hike in it. The weather was fantastic, sunny skies and 75 degrees, it made all those dreary cloudy days start to feel worth it. We made Bill a frame for father's day that had a picture of Bill and his Dad in it when Bill was a baby and Opa had him in a backpack. The other picture in the frame was of Bill with Lilah in a backpack. It was super cute. We gave Opa one too!
Here's just a cute picture of Bill and Lilah being silly at home.

While we were at breakfast today we were talking that last year he'd only been a Dad a few weeks on father's day. This year he's a real dad,..... house is messy, ... kids crying.... he's really earned his special day this year! And just 3 days after father's day we learned sweet Aubrey Jane was on the way, now that's one father's day gift we're not repeating this year!

Happy Father's Day to Opa, Papa Jack, & Papa Jerry. We love you all and hope your day was great! And to Papa, we're thinking of you and missing you!
We love you Bill, Happy Father's Day!

12 comments:

Jon and Andrea said...

Happy Father's Day to Bill! We think that all three of you girls are lucky to have him.

Love all the new pictures. You guys are such a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

So cute and so adorable! SO glad that you have found a glimmer of time in your day to be back to posting pictures of those adorable girls and showing us how much they have grown!

Shantel H. said...

so precious... you are definitely blessed! I am thankful, like you, for such a wonderful husband and father to our children. i loved reading about the Father's Day celebration at your house :) speaking of, I'd love to see photos of the house now that you are moved in! :) As if you don't have enough to do! haha
Much love,
Shantel

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Bill!!!
Sounds like you guys had a great day!
We just hung out around the house since it was raining.

Kathryn said...

Lilah gets cuter all the time. I love seeing that you have an update.

Monique said...

Loved your Italy pics. It brought back memories of our honeymoon nine yrs ago. I was pleasantly surprised to find your blog updated. But I understand your "hiatus". I didn't update my blog for about a month and just posted last night! You have been through a LOT the past few mths ;-)

Monique

Anonymous said...

So sweet, enjoy all your pic. Can even feel the happiness.. Happy Father day to Bill!!
Best Wish

Unknown said...

Happy~lie ever after is soo right! Keep updating the blog! I LOVE to visit often and see the girls. Sooo adorable!

Love,

Carol and Aaron

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures thank you for sharing them with us! Tell Bill Happy Late Father's Day!

Love
Gayle

Anonymous said...

i have been missing you from way back...

so glad for an update! lilah has grown up SO much, and of course aubrey jane is adorable!!!!

please keep up!

xoxo
lee and zoe

Dawn said...

I was going through my blogs and thought I would check in on you. Yours was one of the blogs that I followed that gave me the bug to adopt from Vietnam. We are now waiting to go get our son in LS!! Praying to be "official" by Sept 1st, but hopeful!!
http://wehavebeenblessed.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your children are gorgeous!