Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween

We had a great Halloween! During the day the girls and I were busy getting ready for our small party with Liz and her family and two families in our neighborhood that we had invited over for dinner, games, and fun before we took to the streets for tricks or treats.
During the day the girls and I went to meet Bill at work for lunch. Its not everyday a guy gets to eat with a lobster and wonder woman!
Here are the girls in the final moments before the party. In conjunction with Liz's family we went as the entire cast from Wizard of Oz! I think we were a big hit even if i do say so myself. Lilah was the scarecrow and AJ was Toto. Though we did have a few kids in the neighborhood think she was a bear and one kid asked me if she was Chubaka from Star Wars.



Here we are out hitting the neighborhood. And in our little cookie cutter neighborhood the kids were complaining their arms hurt because their pumpkins were so full of candy.... tough life isn't it!




Lizzy and I were the witches. How did we decide who was wicked and who was good, we based it on hair color.




Here's the kids playing musical chairs to thriller, you gotta love it! Go scarecrow, grab that chair! Lilah did really well keeping up with the big kids for the game!






Here's the crew! Bill and Jeff are the Lollipop kids in case you were wondering. Jeff was completely against being a lollipop kid, but being the good dad he is, he suffered along. We've promised him something with a little more dignity next year like a super hero or pirate...... we'll see.






Here's the 4 Moore's. I got my dress at good will. Aunt Vern fixed the sleeves before she left and the rest I accomplished with hot glue. You'd be amazed what you can do with hot glue and a little imagination!








5 comments:

Jon and Andrea said...

Oh my gosh I love their costumes. You all look so cute. Looks like the girls had a great time.

Wish we could have been at your party. Looks like a true Amanda Moore style party with entertainment and good food. Did you make something new?

Anonymous said...

Amanda...I love it! I love reading your blogs! I have even gotten dad to save it to his computer and now he's reading too!!LOL ... we love you and miss you around here..but seems God has great plans for you guys there...and blessing you tremendously! The girls are growing! TOOO FAST!!! Can't wait to see you again - Glad you had a great Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Only you could get the whole family to dress for Halloween. It was too cute! I so enjoy reading your blogs and keeping up with how big the girls are growing. I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see you and your family. Maybe soon!
I love you girl! Give a kiss and hug to the girls for me.
Love
Gayle

Leslie said...

Oh how I wish we were there! You all are too cute- the guys are amazingly good sports...clearly great daddies! And the moms are too creative- you put the rest of us to shame :) Give the girl a hot glue gun and watch her work!! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

amanda & bill,
your girls are absolute beauties!
i love seeing lilah grow since what now seems like forever ago!

great halloween party!
xo
lee and zoe