Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our Favorite Michigan Girls, Beth & Lily

For those of you who don't know my dear friend Beth, she was my roommate in Charleston, and is one of my dearest friends in the world. She was with me when I fell in love with Bill. Coming home and giving her all the details of our first date, big talks, and all that comes with finding Mr. Forever. And I was with her when she found her Mr. Forever, Peter. She and I were and still are family and I miss her very much and wish Michigan were much closer, or one of us had access to a private plane on a monthly basis. She has one of the best hearts in the world and I am thankful to call her my friend. She had not changed one bit, still beautiful and a breath of fresh air. The only difference was when we had our girl time there was now 5 of us, instead of just the two of us. It made catching up a little more challenging, but all the sweeter. Here we are the aquarium in downtown Seattle. We loaded all the kids up and were out the door everyday for a new adventure. Its a good thing our girls are like their moms and like to be out and about. Lilah needs to work on sharing a little bit more, but Rome wasn't built in a day!And Lily looks so much like her Dad that every time I looked at her I felt like saying, "Hello Peter." But Lily is sweet and full of life just like her Mom!

I don't know why but today when I post, the picture order keeps reversing. But here the girls and I are lying on the ground at the Seattle Space Needle. I was on the ground trying to take the perfect shot as perfected by my dear friend Jim Robertson on his visit. I couldn't get it as perfect as he did, but we had fun trying. The girls thought I was so hilarious laying on the ground that they had to try it too. Monkey see and monkey do, they monkey does the same as you! As you can see below, the picture I was trying to take!



Seattle is Beth's kind of town. She and Lily really soaked up the local vibe and seemed natural born Seattlelites. If only we could get that Peter McCreedy out of Michigan!


Here we are at South 47 farm. They have a tot on the farm program on friday mornings. The kids learn about a specific topic for the day like pumpkins, seeds, caterpillars, etc. Then they do a craft, get to see some animals, wander through an herb garden, ride on saddles on top of hay bales, hay ride, and wander through the pumpkin patch. We had a great time. The two kids between us are Rosie and Matty our neighbors, their Mom is taking the photo!




1 comment:

Jon and Andrea said...

This farm looks very cute. We want to go there on our trip to Seattle!