Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mahalo Kapiolani Pediatric Outpatient Clinic For the SURPRISE Party!!





Last saturday Lilah and I had a big day planned. We woke up and got ready and headed out the door to her first birthday party in Kailua. Her new friend Jackson Cedar, whose Mommy works with me, was turning 1 year old. Then we were meeting some friends from Bill's office for a cookout.


Of course, if you know me I can really get into a party and loose track of time. I called Bill to check in and was quickly reprimanded for not being home yet to make it to the BBQ. For anyone who knows us, or Bill, know that we are quite often running late, especially Bill, and he's never one to be anal about things like getting to a party right when it starts. I couldn't figure out why he was so up in arms about being a few minutes late to the party. I had told Yolanda we'd be there around 1:00 and it was now 1:20, not bad for a weekend party in my opinion, especially when the birthday party had been on the other side of town.


As we entered the back gate to their patio area, I hear.... "Surprise"...... Bill's co-workers from the Kapiolani Women's & Children Hospital Pediatric Outpatient clinic had thrown us a surprise baby shower. It was such a wonderful and very kind surprise. I was just overwhelmed with their thoughtfulness. Thank you so much Yolanda, Dean, & Kyle for hosting the party, and thank you so much to Maureen & Brenda too for all your planning and hard work. Thank you to everyone for all your support and love through our entire adoption process. For those close to us, you know this was not always an easy road, so thank you for everything, we appreciate it more than you know. We are so blessed to have friends like you!

No comments: