Wednesday, September 5, 2007

LIKE MOONLIGHT THROUGH THE PINES!!!!

This is Lilah getting her hair washed in the sink at Papa's house. The special thing about this is I got my hair washed in this sink many times as a child. And it was just so special to take Lilah here and wash her hair too. Probably sounds silly, but was so special to me. My Mom passed away when I was 15, and then my Nanny & Papa finished raising me in this house. My Nanny passed away last April and I have wished a million times she could have met Lilah and hugged her. And to be in this house with all of Nanny's things really made me feel Nanny was here, and she got to see Lilah after all. And I can't wait to show Lilah this picture and tell her all about it.

This picture is special too, because throughout my life our family has had many pictures in front of this sign. I've got pictures all at different ages in front of the sign. The sign has even changed, but its the same spot. Nanny & Papa took their 50th wedding picture right here, so this is another hall of fame picture to tell Lilah about one day!
Lilah got to meet her new friends Reese, Reagan, & Griffin along with Aunty Gayle & Pam at Mom's favorite local BBQ place, Mack's. Here's Reese posing while Lilah ogles the fries.
Lilah insisted we buy Papa a bunny while we were home in Georgia. Papa named the bunny Beanie, and Papa had his hands full with these two in his lap. We had a great trip home and we can't wait to see everyone again at the holidays!

5 comments:

Shantel H. said...

Your papa is so cute holding Lilah! Is he still pastoring? Gosh I thought he retired a long time ago! I noticed the name on the church sign. Great pictures from your trip!

Catherine said...

I am so happy to see you are blogging and posting to our group again :) Things must be settling down for you and your little family!! What a wonderful life Lilah will have....keep the pictures coming!!
Catherine

Michelle and Peter said...

So happy to see all your recent post. You were one of the first blogs I started following. Looks like you had a great trip back home.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

looks like you had a great trip. I wish I had known ahead of time that you were going to GA because I have been in Kingsland for the last month or 2. I would have loved to see you again and to meet Lilah. Please let me know next time you come to Chas (or anywhere close).

Dawn said...

I understand completely!! My Mom died when I was 10 and my grandma died before she got to meet my 1st child, her namesake.