Thursday, October 4, 2007

We're going to miss you Hawaii!!!

Well, for those of you who don't know, we the Moore family are relocating to Seattle, in fact we are already here, we arrived this past sunday morning. This was a difficult decision for us, but one we feel is best for our family. Bill's parents & sister and her family all live in the area and we'd like for Lilah to grow up with family around along with lots of other reasons like cost of living, closer to my family with flight time cut from 12 hours to 5 hours, better public schools, and the list goes on. This is a picture we took at our dear friend Carol's wedding just a few days before we left paradise.
The packing and boxing has been rather busy and I must say its quite difficult to get an entire home packed in 1 week with an 8 month old to entertain.
Here's my cutie pie in the suitcase, all ready for her new adventure to seattle.
Uncle Abel really saved the day. He came over every single day last week and either entertained Lilah or packed fevorishly or both at once. We wouldn't have made it without him, we're really going to miss him. He even came over to help when he'd been up all night working at the hospital. He is single ladies and very good with babies. He even got a grumpy Lilah to sleep a few times, keep that in mind when looking for Mr. Forever!
And look who can pull herself up now. She is crawling very well, though its a funky crawl, she still gets where she's going. And she loves to pull up. Take one last look at these naked diaper photos, won't be too many of these in Seattle. So far its been 49-52 degrees and raining everyday, but at least Lilah is cute in her new warm clothes!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on surviving your move! And she gets more cute with each picture you post!

stollmyheart said...

Congrats on the move. I'm sure it was a hard decision but it will be great being so close to your family! Love the pictures of Lilah in the box! Too cute!

Catherine said...

I wish I was moving to Seattle!!! My sister worked as a nurse in one of the hospitals there and LOVED it :) Lilah is a real beauty!!

Karen said...

Congrats on the move! It will be so helpful to be near family. Lilah is such a cutie!

Shantel H. said...

Wow you all are always on some sort of adventure huh? :) :) Your reasons for moving are completely understandable, though I can't imagine leaving Hawaii for much of anything! haha Well I hope you guys will be happy and enjoy your new home... I know from experience you will really love being near family, especially with kids! Hope the pregnancy is going well... Lilah is such a doll!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you guys made it! We miss you already. I hope that LT is getting used to the long sleeves.

Leslie said...

I'm so happy you are back on my continent! I swear Lilah has grown so much since we were in August. She is just so stinkin' cute. Hailey sits on my lap and we read the blog and she just calls Lilah's name over and over and over again, they are destined to be life long friends like their mommies! Ok, so you made it to Seattle, when are you coming to Nashville?!?! Love ya!

Michelle and Peter said...

Happy to hear the move went ok. Lilah is a doll

Michelle

Kathryn said...

I can't imagine how expensive it must be to move from Hawaii. Does everyting go by boat or by plane?

Anonymous said...

congrats on surviving the move! I can't believe Lilah is 8 months old already! Congrats on the pulling up too. If you haven't already, time to really baby proof.

Now I hope Daryl gets sent to Bremerton so I can come see you.

Anonymous said...

I can not believe how big Lilah is getting! She is so cute! Congrats on getting moved. I know you are grateful. At least with the move you can really baby proof for Lilah. We might be going your way in a year if we get to I will be letting you know.

Love,
Gayle

Two teachers said...

Amanda--
Got your package! Thank you so much. Glad to hear all is well. Keep blogging!
Best,
Ed Ernst

Anonymous said...

hi, amanda, bill and lilah!!
i miss you guys....we have a photo of your family in our hallway bulletin photo box on 4D. everytime i walk past it, i am reminded of you guys and all the happiness ahead of you as well as all the fond memories you have brought us. although we miss you all terribly and amanda's bubbly presence at work, i know that we are all better people having met and spent a part of our lives together. i am so excited for your growing family! i can't wait to see photos of lilah growing up and of lilah's little sister or brother. keep us updated....take care all of you!! stay warm and enjoy yourselves! love and aloha always, mini :D

Anonymous said...

Is it true 5 NOIDS for World Child? Weren't yopu with them?

Leah and Jake said...

I just came across your blog. We live just north of Seattle and my husband is in the Army.

Moving is hard, but being close to family nice.