Wednesday, January 2, 2008

CHRISTMAS IN GEORGIA

We arrived in Georgia December 5th, and my little dumplin did pretty well on the flight. I was glad Papa had just visited us in Seattle for Thanksgiving so Lilah didn't need any warm up time to hit it off with him. We had loads of fun just hanging out with Papa for the holidays.
For those of you who may not recognize, this is my cousin Cindy. She has now lost over 100lbs, lets give the lady a round of applause! She picked us up at the airport and if I hadn't seen her get out of her truck, and walk up with her son, I would have walked right past her. She looks fabulous and she, Lilah, and I had a nice girls day together and shopping & lunch. And what warm weather there was in Georgia. I didn't think I had adjusted to the seattle 40 degree weather, but it was high 70's while we were home and Lilah and I were sweating.

Lilah got invited over to Riley's house for a play date and she had an absolute ball. Ms. Kelly hosted a little tea party, and I couldn't believe how well my little cupcake participated. Riley was Lilah's first play date that was adopted too, so that made it even more special! Its been so great to share the experience of adoption with Kelly. I've made several friends through adoption, but its so wonderful when someone you already love is walking the same blessed path too ( and you too Andrea, but Lilah and Landon haven't met yet)!
Lilah thought Ms. Kelly's cookies and tea were the best!

Here's my favorite Christmas photo we took at Papa Jack's house. Lilah had a great time with everyone!
But unfortunately somewhere my little darling picked up a bug and had a few days of vomiting and extremely rough diarrhea. She's never been really sick, and of course the first time she is, we're away from our beloved daddy the pediatrician. Due to Lilah's illness we had to cut out a few scheduled visits with folks. My apologies. Then the day we left GA we both started with a terrible cold. And the cold lasted well through Christmas. Honestly it was one of the worst cold's I've ever had. Lilah seems better, but Mommy is still sick, its been 2 weeks, so i'm headed to the doctor tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jon and Andrea said...

What adorable pictures!! Lilah looks like such a grown up little girl. I can't wait for her and Landon to meet. I can't stress enough how wonderful it was to have you during our adoption journey.

Anonymous said...

Lilah is growing up so fast!! She is adorable!! I can not believe that she is almost one!!! Cindy, you look great....congratulations!!! love, Kathryn

Anonymous said...

She is so cute! I can not believe how big she is getting. I am so sorry to hear that she was sick and I am so sorry we missed ya'll but maybe next time. How are you feeling? Love-Gayle

Leslie said...

CINDY LOOKS AWESOME!!!!!

Shantel H. said...

She is so cute! That is adorable that she got to play with Riley, Kelly told me she got to see you and Lilah, I'm so jealous! :) I hope you are feeling better! Oh and Cindy looks fabulous! wow!