Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My baby is growing up!


I can hardly believe Lilah is now 1 year old, it just doesn't seem possible. Having kids really does give an entirely new meaning to time flying. I just want to thank everyone who has supported us and loved us throughout this past year. I'm glad Lilah has had such a warm welcome and so much love all around her throughout her first year of life. I just can't tell you how truly thankful I am for Lilah and how blessed I feel to be her Mommy. Bill and I talk about how we just could never imagine life without her and how lucky we are to gave been given such a precious gift. Every night I lay down with Lilah as she drifts off to sleep and we say our prayers together. And every night I thank God for her. Every day that I live I will remember what a gift she is, and every time those little chubby arms are wrapped tight around my neck, I melt a little bit more.
Here are just more photos from Lilah's big day. This was us singing to her and I must say she was kind of confused on why everyone was looking at her all of a sudden. She didn't even clap when we clapped which is not like her at all.
Oma & Lilah
Lilah loved her new basketball game. She loves to put the balls into the basket and then clap for herself.
Aunt Jennie got her a great cell phone that looks very real, which is why she likes it. Maybe now my minutes will go down on my phone since Lilah has one of her own now.

6 comments:

Carissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lilah! Looks like you had a great day!

stollmyheart said...

Happy Birthday Lilah!

Kathryn said...

I can't believe she is 1 already. How long has she been home? Also, when is her brother/sister due?

Catherine said...

Happy Birthday, Lilah!! You are so big AND beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos :)

Shantel H. said...

Happy Birthday Lilah! She is so precious and I love all the photos of her celebrating her birthday.... looking forward to more news and photos soon! Love, Shantel :)

The Nutty Journal said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Lilah! Love the pictures with you and your cake! Looks like you enjoyed it a lot! Big Hugs from Aunty Lei & Uncle Kevin