Tuesday, September 16, 2008

i got all my sisters with me!

Things are going really well with Lilah and Aubrey Jane. Lilah now can make Aubrey Jane laugh quite a bit. She'll blow zerberts on her belly or push her in the swing and Aubrey Jane will squeal with delight. Its quite fun to see. This photo Lilah had just woken up and Aubrey Jane was touching her... and Lilah was in no mood for it. But those little sisters want to be close to the big ones! The first time Lilah took a toy out of Aubrey Jane's hand and AJ screamed at her, I thought to myself.... and so it begins.
Lilah loves to sit on top of Aubrey Jane when she's in the bumbo. She'll actually bounce on her. The first time I saw her do this I almost had a heart attack. But then I realized Lilah is mostly sitting on the little piece in the middle. Both the girls think this is really funny. And to see them laughing together just melts my heart. I think its going to be so great they are so close in age.
Here's my girls enjoying some chicken drumsticks, or "Bone sticks" as the Evan's girls would call them. We may live in Washington, but if your Mama is a Georgia girl there's certain things you still got to grow up with like fried chicken, grits, chicken & dumplins, and of course my Nanny's famous egg custard.
Lilah sits next to Aubrey Jane all the time now and says, "CHEESE." If I don't immediately take their picture together, she'll continue to say it louder and louder and with more urgency. Sometimes I don't even have the camera and just have to pretend I've got a camera. And yes we do take a lot of pictures in the kitchen on the island. But when you've got little ones getting a meal fixed, fed, and cleaned takes a lot of time. I timed myself the other day and it took way over an hour just to get lunch done from start to finish.... so this is where my day goes.
My sister and I are birds of a feather. We love one another and being together.

You'll find us most everyday, just tending the friendship that got sent our way.

Yes, we're two of a kind and I know that is why, .... we'll be close forever, my sister and I!

(this is a little exert from Lilah's Sister and I book by P.K. Hallinan, its one of our absolute favorite books)

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

You have 2 of the cutest daughters in the world.

Leslie said...

Thank you SO much for the updates!!! Those girls are the cutest!! Miss you and love you so much.

Jon and Andrea said...

Yeah! New pictures. You have the cutest girls ever. The pictures of them eating chicken reminds me of baby Lilah eating corn in her bumbo. Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

they are sooooooo cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow- I can't believe how big Lilah and Aubrey Jane have gotten! Of course they are as beautiful as ever!! Hope all is going well!
love ya!
Pam