Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Day In The Life of Aubrey Jane

It occurred to me I had not posted a photo of our little cupcake without her hat on. You can see her light hair, which was a total shock to me. I thought Bill's dominant Asian features would win out. Especially since I had black hair when I was born.  Aubrey Jane is already letting us know she's her own little person, got to do it her way, don't expect her to be just like everybody else. Everyone's asking what we'll call her. Bill calls her Jane, i call her Aubrey Jane, the rest of the Moore's say Aubrey, and some of the girls at Bill's office say A. J. So call her whatever you think she looks the most like. Aubrey means noble in German, and Jane means gracious gift from God.
We came home from the hospital sunday afternoon. Bill was able to be home with us for 2 days before he had to go back to work. This is Aubrey Jane with Dr German, her pediatrician, getting her first check up. He said she looks great and she is almost back up to her birth weight. Lilah was quite happy to have such a fun visit to Dr. German's office (no shots)!
After the dr's appt we all headed to our new favorite restaurant near our new house. Its a little taqueria. Bill says their food is authentic Mexican food. All I know is its just delicious. We treat ourselves to the taqueria on quite a number of our visits to the new house. Aubrey Jane enjoyed it through the womb, and now she's enjoying it through the breast milk. And Lilah loves to eat the meat from our tacos and wave hello to everyone. She hasn't learned to say Hola yet, sorry Uncle Abel, we're working on it. 
We took Mom & Dad and Aubrey Jane by to see the latest updates on the house. Most of the rooms are now painted, the yard is done and they are starting on the fence. Next wednesday we do the walk through with the builder and the following wednesday we close on the house. There are just so many wonderful things happening right now that I can't decide what to be excited about. Aubrey Jane was delighted to see her new room, though she slept through most of the new house tour,...... some kids are just hard to impress I guess. But Lilah loved running all through the house and she and her Dad stopped by the neighborhood park and had fun on the slides while Aubrey Jane had a snack with Mom. 
So here it is, almost finished. I think its got great curb appeal. I really do feel like my cup is running over with so many blessings. I just want to thank all our friends and family for all their support and love. We have been blessed with 2 daughters and now  a wonderful house to make a home for our family of 4. 

15 comments:

Shantel H. said...

I love love love it! The house looks absolutely wonderful! I can't wait to see photos once you all get settled in there, especially the baby's rooms! :) :)

Lee said...

How wonderful! On everything...sweet baby girl, beautiful family and gorgeous new home! Go Amanda!

Catherine said...

What beautiful girls!!!! Aubrey is absolutely adorable. I love her eyes-she looks like a little bit of both of you:) The house is GORGEOUS!!!! Please keep posting pictures....I love following the girls as they grow up :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda,
What a delight to get to catch up with you through your blog. We received you Christmas letter and discovered the blog from there. Shame on me that it is February before I actually posted a comment!!! Congratulations on two beautiful girls. It sounds (or reads!) like all is going well.
I am married and live in Blakely, GA. My husband Matt and I have a daughter, Olivia who is just over two and half. I have not entered the blogging world but my email address is erins_lee@excite.com. I don't want to leave too long a comment but would love to keep in touch again.
Congratulations again!
Love, Erin (Schwartz) Lee

Jon and Andrea said...

How different your life is from this time last year! You all are truly blessed and are a beautiful family. I'm impressed that little Aubrey is already hittin' the town.

The house looks great. I can picture Aubrey and Lilah on that front porch now, getting their picture taken for the first day of school.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures and congrats on baby and the house! Aubrey is beautiful!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations, Aubrey is gorgeous! How blessed you are! The house looks great!

The Nutty Journal said...

Congratulations!!! I was thrilled to hear that you both have another daughter!!! Amanda, you look great in that hospital photo! (Yes Bill, you looked good too!) I just LOVE the picture with Lilah holding her little sister, Aubrey Jane.

I am happy to hear that everything is great with everyone! The house looks like it's coming together beautifully. You know, Kevin and I have our favorite restaurant near our house and it's a mexican restaurant too! I will send you an email to update you on things here in Vegas really soon. Big Hugs from your Favorite NUTTS, lei and kevin

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with how mobile you are with the 2 little ones!! The house is so cute....we can not wait to come visit!! Love you, Kat

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Aubry Jane is beautiful!!! Lilah is growing so fast and is beautiful too. Your house looks really nice.
~Sherry

stollmyheart said...

I haven't stopped over here for a while but wanted to give you a huge CONGRATS on Aubrey. She's just beautiful and I can't imagine your excitement. What a lovely family! I hope you enjoy every moment! Love the house too! Congrats again!
Jenna

Stacey said...

I love your house! Especially being near a lake, how great is that. Your girls are adorable-they are going to have so much fun growing up so close in age.
Stacey and Sasha

Anonymous said...

Amanda and Bill - wow - I'm so happy for you guys. Aubrey Jane (I'm partial to the two-name thing) is beautiful and Lilah is just growing so fast. May the Lord bless ya'll!

Sharon said...

I lost your blog address when our computer crashed. I just found it now after months. I'm so glad! Congrats on your newest additions : ) A baby and a home, Wow!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!