Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthday continues


After lunch we hit the streets of our neighborhood. Man, it was so foggy today....made it really chilly today. We were passing out invitations for a Vietnamese -Tet- New Year's Birthday Party for Lilah, Aubrey Jane, and our neighbor Matty, which we're hosting this Sunday afternoon. We didn't want to do a big party, actually our neighbor approached us about the group party idea, and then I added the VN New Year theme. I actually found out the Vietnamese celebrate everyone's birthday at Tet. Everyone turns their new age on New Year's and not on the date of their birth. See how culturally correct we are with our combined birthday party!

Then at night the Moore family all joined us for Pho at a local spot near our house. Do you like Lilah's hat? It actually said birthday boy, and I put a sticker over it that said girl. When we picked out her hat she just had to have the blue and didn't like any girl hats, i thought what the heck, its your birthday, you should have what you want. So I just made the gender corection.






I can hardly belive my little baby is already 2 years old. Where did the time go? If it continues to go this fast she'll be leaving for college in a blink. I feel so blessed to have this little person in my life. She's so full of life and she teaches me so much everday and makes me a better person. I love you Lilah, Happy Birthday Baby! On this day, January 20th, one of the most special people in my life was born, and I will always be so greatful!




3 comments:

Dawn said...

~*~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~*~

Jon and Andrea said...

Happy Birthday LT! What a big girl! It looks like the celebration is still going on. Wish we could be there for the tet party. We love you Lilah Moore!

PS- I adore that she picked a Charlie Brown cake. She is so mature with her coffee and old school cartoons. Next year she'll be reading novels at Starbucks and typing on her laptop.

Monique said...

Happy Birthday Lilah! I've been a silent follower for a while but had to make a comment. I didn't realize that Ava and Lilah shared a birthday. Ava's was Jan 10th and we celebrated her birthday all weekend as well because we attended the Asian New Year celebration held by our adoption agency ON her actual birthday. How appropriate indeed ;-)

Monique
vietnamfullcircle.blogspot.com