Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lilah's First Trip to the Beach





On Wednesday we took Lilah for her very first trip to the beach! We didn't go for an all out day, we just drove over on a whim and wanted to stick her feet in the warm Pacific. She fell asleep en route to the beach, so we had a sleepy baby when we arrived. She didn't mind the sand on her feet as long as you were holding her and not making her sit down in it. I've posted the pictures in the order of her reaction. You can see where Bill is leaning her over closer to the water and she's looking back like, " I don't think I like this," Then when her feet are in the cold sand she says, "Yeah, I don't like it" Then the water hits her toes, and she says, "I definitely don't like it, get me outta here." Although she didn't love the water, she still loved it. I'm hoping over the weekend to take her to the pool for a little dip in her bikini.

7 comments:

Living to Love said...

She is such a cutie...even when she is sad about the water! She will get used to it...she has to, she lives in Hawaii...right? :o)

Anonymous said...

Lilah is absolutely adorable! I was just thinking about you and was going to email to see how you are enjoying parenthood. Looks like all 3 of you (looking back at recent blogs) have adjusted to family life very well. I am so happy for you guys!!!

Love, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Not quite ready for a bathtub that big.

Shantel H. said...

Aww bless her heart! The picture progression is too cute :) I bet she'll be swimming like a fish in no time!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be so happy if my first trip to the beach was at Waimanalo. She's more of a Kailua/Kahala beach kid. I mean she does live in Hawaii Kai.

Jon

charisa said...

She is so sweet and I love those thighs. I cannnot belive you have had her about a month already. Thanks for sharing the blog I love to see he grow. Such a cute little peanut she is.

Anonymous said...

I've just read your sweet blog from start to finish and I think the name you picked for her is just perfecto. She is such a little Lilah! Congratulations to both of you.