Saturday, June 2, 2007

A NEW DAY FOR A NEW FAMILY


I told you how our first night, Friday night, was pretty rough with lots of crying and walking and singing and not much sleep. Saturday she was a happy baby all day, as long as you were holding her. Although the minute you put her down she would cry and cry with big tears, but the minute you pick her up she was all better.

But today was a new day!!! Last night the sleeping front was much improved. She still wouldn't sleep in her crib but I was able to let her sleep next to me, and when she woke up she only needed a little patting to calm her. While I still didn't get much sleep with waking so often to pat her back, it was much improved from the screaming and pacing the floor we had to do the night before. We were all so excited this morning on such a big improvement with sleeping. Even today she'll now lay on her back or sit in her baby lounger and play for a little while without needed to be held every second. I really feel she just needed to get used to us. Friday was a really big day with so many changes for her, but I think she's accepting us well and starting to think we're all pretty funny.

Today, Mom's brother who lives in South Vietnam came over to visit with his family and then we all went out to lunch. And last night Thuy went over to her Aunt Nhon & Uncle Phuoc's for dinner and she did great. All the family here in VN are over joyed that Thuy has joined the family. Makes me feel so good that she's got so much love in so many places. Her Aunt Nhon, who I just learned is a fortune teller ,told us that Thuy was a good strong baby, a perfect head and good hears, all adding up to a good life.

Thuy also had a crib mate from the orphanage come over and play today. They had a nice time catching up on all the excitement in their lives. Thuy still has a little bit of a cold, but she still managed to smile and have a good time. And Thuy wanted to be sure I told her good friend Olivia, and Olivia's mommy Melissa, thank you so much for the beautiful silver bracelet. She loves it. And she's proud to wear it for Quynh.

Martin, our coordinator, came over to our room last night. We filled out some paperwork and are scheduled to apply for our passports Monday morning at 0730 and we have our first embassy interview on Tuesday. For those of you not in the adoption circle, we are now 100% Thuy's parents in the eyes of VN, but still have paperwork, a physical at the SOS clinic here, and 2 embassy interviews before we come home in the eyes of the U.S. But we're well on our way.

4 comments:

Shantel H. said...

Yay! I'm so glad she's already adjusting well and sleeping better! I think it's so neat that Thuy has so many family members there in VN. She's one lucky little girl to have such a big, loving family already!

Michelle and Peter said...

I love reading your blog! Your daughter is so cute. I am glad to hear you were able to sleep a little more last night.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to read that the second night went better. She is so cute!! Have we decided on a name yet? Can not wait to read more updates. I am sending hugs & kisses to the Moore family. Love to you all, Kat Balou

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy and Bill,
Gabby and I are enjoying reading all the goings on with Thuy and the family and looking at all the pics. Gabby and I think she is so precious like Jade, and think Jade would be a pretty name for her. Just a thought! I'm so glad she is already adjusting so well. You guys are doing awesome! I look forward to news of your adventure every morning!!

Luv,
Juls