Monday, June 11, 2007

A Rose By Any Other Name is Still a Rose

Everyone has been asking me what have we decided to name Thuy. Everyone thinks we've been keeping it a big secret. But the big secret is we still can't decide I'm very sad to say. Bill and I just can't come to an agreement. If you know both of us personally you could see how this could happen. We both want to choose a name we both like and so far no names fit the Bill.

In my defense, we had a beautiful name for our first baby, Elizabeth Quynh, and we were going to call her Quynh, but we lost her and her name when she passed away. So we had to start over. So although our entire adoption has taken 9 months, we have only had the news of Thuy's arrival in the last few months. So we haven't had the time to really say a name enough times to make sure we like it. A name is forever and we want to get it right.

I really really wanted the beautiful adoption announcements they have here in Vietnam, but we decided the perfect name is more important than perfect announcements. So she will be arriving in Hawaii as Thuy (Twee) and hopefully her ridiculous parents will get their act together soon and come up with a name as beautiful as she is.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! So glad to see your post...I missed you all and worried about you! On the name, of course take your time and Scott, the lawyer aka my husband says that you really have until the time you file your re-adoption papers back in the US to determine a name. So, you have time! I guess Amazingly Beautiful Moore is a bit over the top, huh? Dare I even bring up "Ever"?

Melissa D

Catherine said...

Hi Guys,
So happy to hear you are leaving for Hawaii soon and that you had a wonderful time in Vietnam. You certainly made the most of it :) Good luck on the plane ride - I am sure she will be fine. Hopefully the altitude will knock her out-remember there is always Benadryl :)

Shantel H. said...

Praying for an easy trip home for you all! I'm sure you and Bill will come up with a lovely name for Thuy... but it sure will be weird to read another name on the blog! :)

Anonymous said...

Eagar to hear the decision on my newest nieces name! Bill, I know what you are against, I have see her debating skills in action! ;) I know whatever name that you decide on will be beautiful and she will love. Have a great trip home. I love you, Kat Balou

Monique said...

Amanda, you and I have discussed this in our yahoo group and I understand what you are saying about the baby's name dying with the baby. We have been there and Olivia's name belonged to only her when she passed. If you ever have a chance to read all the comments, I wanted to let you know we received our travel date of 7/6/07 to get our daughter, Ava!

Monique

Anonymous said...

What about calling her Rose?

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

You will know when you have the right name. I am starting to grow find of Thuy :)