Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thuy meets Bynx & Barabus



We are a few days into being at home now and things are going well. Its been difficult to adjust to the time zones, but Thuy now seems to be doing better than us. The first day we felt a little like, "what do we do now." Its hard to go back to your "regular/old" life with a new baby. How do I find time to do all the things I normally do and take good care of her, especially when she likes to be held so much?


Well we are starting to find a new "regular" life and its quite wonderful. We just started trying today to write down when she eats and sleeps to figure out some sort of schedule. I am now able to predict the morning nap, so we're making some progress. And Tuesday we have our first visit with our pediatrician.


The first day at home Thuy hated every single chair or toy I put her in. She wouldn't stay in anything longer than a minute or two. But i've learned she's usually happiest in the mornings. So I try to put her in things like her bouncy chair first thing in the morning, and every day she seems to like it just a little bit more.


The biggest hit thus far is her Bumbo seat. Thank you very much Melissa, Scott, Maddox, & Olivia! I love the way she looks in it with her little feet sticking out. She stays in the bumbo longer than she'll stay in anything else. If she's happy before I put her in it, i'll be able to get breakfast made and almost finish eating before she's ready to get out. This is quite an improvement.


Here's 2 pictures of Thuy meeting her 2 rabbit ts Bynx & Barabus. We sat her in the bumbo outside near them while we fed them. At first she found them quite interesting and then they got a little too close and she wasn't so crazy that. Her favorite way to view them is from our arms. I guess I can understand her apprehension, they're almost the same size as her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is a great pic. we have a giant flemish bunny and we have that chair!

Anonymous said...

aahhh...how sweet. I think Thuy decided she was finished bonding with the bunnies. I love the chair!
Love, Cindy

Catherine said...

I am so happy you are home!! Thuy looks healthy and content...like she was meant to be with you. And...I LOVE the fact her outfit matches her Bumbo. Did you know that they make a tray to go on that? I can send you one from here if you can't locate one yourself :) Also, do NOT feel bad about feeding her pizza. Let her eat whatever she wants :) Isabella's favorite foods are Diet Coke and chocolate ice cream!!
Catherine

Kathryn said...

Those are huge rabbits! What do they weight? When I was 1st scanning down your blog to get to the earliest post I hadn't read, I figuted Bynx and Barabus were dogs (LOL) until I noticed their ears. They are adorable and of course, so is Thuy. Are you any closer to coming up with a name for her or do you think you might just call her Thuy and give her an American 1st name?

Anonymous said...

Me, too Catherine...Thuy is always so stylish and now she coordinates wtih her chair! I really think whoever invented the Bumbo should get a medal! We have been able to put Olivia places close to us like when trying to catch up on things and she generally stays happy. We don't have the tray but that sounds like a great idea! Those feet are just precious!

I'm curious, too how much the bunnies weigh? They do look as big as she is!

So glad that you all are home and starting to find a rhythm to things as a family of 3. Warning...as soon as you like the routine, Thuy just might change it up on you :)

All the girls on our travel group would go nuts when we ate pizza, too!

S. said...

I can't wait to get a Bumbo!

Have you tried a sling? Laurie at Pho for Four sells hotslings, and you can a lot of stuff done with the baby in there.