Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thuy loves pizza



Thuy is a definite slobber box. Yes, I realize all kids slobber, but she slobbers so much we have to carry a rag around with us all the time to wipe up the slobber. Oma bought me 20 rags from VN and i'm beginning to wonder if that's enough. No she's not teething, not a tooth appears to be in sight. She just slobbers and loves to chew on her hands, our hands, her rag, her toys, whatever she can get in her mouth. I was holding her up over my head yesterday playing and a big thing of slobber went right into my eye.


Yesterday we were eating pizza for lunch. I let her suck on the back of the crust and she loves it. If you could have heard all the sucking she was doing on the bread. Yes I know a almost 5 month old should not be eating pizza,.... she was just sucking on the bread and enjoying herself thoroughly.


Tomorrow is Bill's first father's day and i'm very excited! Since we just got back I didn't have much time to plan. I got him a cute frame with a picture of Thuy as well as a card from Thuy that says something about "though we've just started, I love you so much already." It's a perfect card. I also got the makings for his favorite mexican breakfast in the morning as a surprise. I'll be using your recipe Liz.


So let me say Happy Father's Day to Opa, Papa, Daddy Jack, & Daddy Jerry. Wish I could be there to celebrate with you all. As a new parent myself I can all the more appreciate all the love and work you've given me and Bill our entire lives. Thank you, we love you!

6 comments:

Tricia G. said...

Hi Amanda,

Thuy is absolutely adorable! My husband and I just started the adoption process for VN. We're so excited. I've enjoyed reading your blog. It gives us hope.

Tricia

charisa said...

Happy fathers day BIll,
Charisa & Chris

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Bill!!!!
What a cute adorable picture of Thuy laying with her daddy. Thuy will love this picture in the years to come.
Love ya'll,
Wayne, Cindy, Levi & Brandon

Anonymous said...

Bill,
Happy Father's Day! Thuy is the best present that you will ever get! I love the picture of the two of you. She looks so happy. Love you all, Aunt Kathryn & Uncle Lance

Shantel H. said...

How cute! Hey, if she likes pizza... let her at it! LOL Better than having a picky child! :) She's so cute! And Happy First Father's Day to Bill! Glad you all are settling in. She does look like quite the drooler! I always had to keep bibs on my boys to keep them from soaking their outfits. Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Father's Day Bill! Thuy looks so happy and content snuggling with her daddy! You must keep this picture for her!

I agree with Shantel...invest in some bibs! Olivia is a drooler, too. So, we keep bibs for home and some really cute/nice bibs for out in public. We keep these separate from the ones we use to feed her so she doesn't have to go out and about with stains! I imagine stains would not coordiate with Thuy's stylish wardrobe :)

Is she taking a pacifier? If so, the bibs are nice to clip the paci on.

Hope you all had a great Father's Day! How did Thuy respond to the smell of the mexican breakfast?