Friday, June 8, 2007

SPROUT POUCH

Just wanted to say I love my sling. I researched these forever before I bought one. I just wasn't sure if i'd like it or really use it. Some moms like them, some hate them, some moms told me she'd be too big to like it by the time I got her. Bill even said I'd never use it. And one friend said it was way too much of a hippy look.

But I just loved the way they look and wanted to try. There are so many slings to choose from. Many that are more and less expensive than mine. I went with sprout pouch because I loved the fabric and its reversible and i can return it after 30-60 days if I don't like it and its still in good condition with only a $4 reshelving fee. That's much more reasonable than other sling return policies.

But Thuy and I really like it. Of course it gets hot if we wear it more then 2-3 hours in the Hanoi heat, but so does the Bjorn. And when she's asleep and we've got to go somewhere this is an easy way to let her finish her nap when I don't have a car seat or anything. And I find people don't bug her quite as much when she's in the sling.

I do like having the Bjorn and the sling. Both are very useful. Of course Bill wouldn't want to wear the sling. But its easy to fold up in my baby bag for whenever I need it.

Just wanted to share. I was always glad to hear what people liked and disliked with their baby products. This picture here is of us today at the embassy. We just got our approval. Thuy slept right through all the good news!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spout Pouches are awesome...that was my first choice (until I became obsessed with making my own!) Very nice!

Shantel H. said...

Love the sling! Looks great on you and Thuy is obviously enjoying it :) Congrats on the approval from the Embassy! That's great news. Great pictures!

Two teachers said...

You guys must really be getting around the town when you write sentences about how the sling gets hot after 2 or 3 hours....

Best,
Ed and Peggy

Anonymous said...

Thuy looks so cute and snuggly in the sling and what a beautiful smile she has put on your face mommy! This photo just exudes joy and Thuy is right where she belongs~ I love it!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

It looks fetching.

The Roth-Vinsons said...

Beautiful baby and sling, and its great to hear from a first-time mom who is using one. I'm an obsessive researcher also, and am glad to see one in use. We'll be trying it, too. Enjoy your time in Viet Nam!

Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said...

thuy is adorable and love your sling.

i have a "lee" special :)

www.bringhomelulu.com

Anonymous said...

Thuy looks very comfy in her sling. You might have sold me on that. Why did you have to change flights? Wasn't your original flight scheduled to get back on Wednesday?
Jon and Andrea