Sunday, May 6, 2007

COULDN'T HELP MYSELF





I told myself that I was NOT allowed to anything for Thuy until we had a travel date. We were allowed to purchase things such as travel shaving cream, but no baby stuff till we had a travel date. When we lost our first referral Quynh, it was so hard to see all the baby things we had bought for her around the house. So, I wasn't going to allow myself to do that again..... but alas, I broke down this week and started shopping! I just couldn't hold back anymore. I tried to have a goal for myself, but who can resist those cute little outfits. I'm suprised I made it this long. Bill & I started shopping together. And I must say we had a terrific time! Shopping as first time parents is such a mystery, "what do i need, or REALLY need, do babies really need that many bibs, will I really use a diaper bag a lot, what size, what kind, Bjorn or not to Bjorn?" We're having a lot of fun trying to figure out the answers to some of these questions.


I've included some photos from our shopping. I bought Thuy her first pair of jeans. Aren't they adorable? Yes, I've been warned that 4 month old do better in just onesies, but I've also been informed in Vietnam the Vietnamese prefer every inch of the baby covered, see I'm buying it to be culturally appropriate while traveling (anything to tell myself a 4 month old does need cute pants)!


Our rabbits, Bynx, & Barabus bought their new baby sister a onesie with a rabbit that has a close resemblance to Bynx. Bynx, is always a vain shopper that way! The adorable purple dress with whales is for Thuy to wear when she visits Oma & Opa in San Juan and Opa takes her whale watching. She wants to see the whales up very close Opa! And what a funny bib, maybe it'll help us keep our sense of humor when she's crying because the rookies parents are moving way to slow with the bottle.