Thursday, May 17, 2007

VISAS, Don't leave home without 'em

Well, just got home from a 16 1/2 hour shift at the hospital and my feet are exhausted, but wanted to share our surprise in the mail today, WE GOT OUR VISA'S!!! I wasn't expecting them till next monday or tuesday at the earliest.

Sometimes it still doesn't seem real, but..... the plane tickets yesterday, visas today, we really may be holding our daughter in a little over a week. I woke up this morning worried,... what if Thuy doesn't like me, what if she screams for the entire first meeting, what if she screams the whole first week, what if I can't figure out what she wants, what if she doesn't like the bottles we chose. I guess these are all things new moms are worried about, I felt so worried my stomach hurt. Bill, assures me it will all be fine. Its good he's the even tempered one, we balance each other well, but I would prefer to be the one who didn't worry so much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was quick. i cant wait to see you travel.

Emanual said...

Amanda - all those things very likely will happen - or at least some of them - and none of it will seem like the end of the world. It will just be another day with the babe.

No point in worrying (although I know it's hard to stop) - as however it goes, it goes, and either way, you'll get through it, and the babe is yours forever. :)

I'll be watching your trip.

Emanual
DD#1 home from China in late 2006
Paperchasing for DD#2 from VN
http://gabriellajoyce.blogspot.com
http://vnadoption.blogspot.com

Shantel H. said...

You are exactly right about all the worries being normal for all first time moms :) But that little girl will love you! She will sense how you feel about her and even if it takes her a little while to warm up... it won't matter because you can capture an infants heart so quickly and at that point... there is no turning back :) You'll be so in love with her you won't even remember to worry! I'm so excited that everything is working out so quickly!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

New mom worries-your right! I can't imagine how fearful this is for you. Granted babies don't really like change but...they do like love--something you are really good at giving. Try to relax and don't be too hard on yourself-you are going to be GREAT!!! After all she is going to love you just because you love her. GOOD LUCK... lil mommy
love,
Cindy