Saturday, May 19, 2007

THUY'S ROOM



As you know we are in the middle of a big renovation. Thought you'd like to see a few pictures of Thuy's future room. I've shown the "before" picture and "right now" picture. This room had 4 different kinds of wall, such as wood paneling, plastic cork board wall, a what I call 1950's florida home wall, so we tore all this out and have drywalled it all so it looks nice and consistent. We have a friend doing this for us. I'm certainly crossing my fingers that there will be an "after" picture before we go to Vietnam! While other parents are putting together cribs and arranging cute baskets with diapers for their nursery, we're sanding and mudding, and I'm only dreaming of all the cute things to go in the room when we finish!
The room is now painted a nice yellow and today Bill started putting in the lights and I started trying to organize closets. But I'm right in the middle of my 4 day shift run and now I've got a terrible cold too. Hopefully we'll have Thuy's room together by Monday, that's our goal. I'll post a picture of it when we finish.
We heard from WC, the G&R date may be pushed back a day or two, but that's not a surprise, this has happened to quite a few families before us. I was expecting it. But we'll still be leaving for VN this friday the 25th!!!! This time next week we'll be in VN!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Stranger!

I have certainly missed A LOT!

I was THRILLED to see you will be on your way to Thuy in a matter of days! Sent you a private email because I wasn't sure how many words this comment would allow! Simply too much to catch up on!

We flew Korean Air and they were great! Make sure to get the bulkhead seats with the bassinet on the return flight home with Thuy! It was great! Will send you a pic of Olivia enjoying it!

Won't miss a minute from here on out!

Congrats!

~Melissa

Michelle and Peter said...

Hi I wanted to say congrats on your travel. I will be looking forward to reading about your journey. I just stumbled across your blog a few days ago. We too are adopting from Vietnam. I was wondering if once the dust settles you would mind telling me your experence with world child. They are in our top three.

Thanks Michelle
mptulli@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Amanda-we are excited to follow your journey to VN! You are almost there!

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to see how it turns out!

Anonymous said...

"One week closer that last week" finally gotcha there girl- I'm so happy for you and Bill. Not only are ya'll blessed to be getting Thuy but she is so blessed to have loving parents like you 2 on the way to her. Can't wait to see ya'll together.
Love all 3 of you,
Cindylu