Friday, May 25, 2007

I Love Kim Chee

Well, we're on our layover in Seoul Korea. Just 2 hours till we leave for Hanoi.

I must say Korean Airlines is my new favorite airline. We had a nice blanket, pillow, and bottle of water waiting for us when we sat down. Then we were given a nice little zipper pouch with a sleep mask, toothbrush & toothpaste, and socks. And it all matched my sweater I was wearing. How fashionable I am! We then had a very delicious lunch of Bi Bim Bop with a glass of wine. I took a very long nap to make up for all the sleep we've missed trying to get ready this week. We also got the baby name book back out and are trying to make some progress on our name selection. There was a cute little Korean girl next to us who looked about 5 years old, and we were saying our name choices and looking at her to see if it was a good fit for a little Asian girl. But the good news is Bill's choices are improving, or either he's wearing me down.

On the flight I watched closely the other people with little kids and couldn't help but think next time that will be me! Next time I fly i'll have my own little biscuit to hold. And I even checked out the baby changing situation in the bathroom. Its a very large bathroom with a nice changing station. Unlike my friend Sara's flight recently where the flight attendant told her to just change the baby on top of the toilet, which she politely replied thanks for the suggestions, but no thanks. Bill even put on some of the free cologne in the bathroom. We're not usually so country come to town, but we're so excited we can't help but even get excited over the little things.

But I did wake up from my nap and realized i forgot my pajamas. I was so consumed with everything for Thuy and the gifts, I must have just left it right off my packing list. At least that can be easily corrected.

11 comments:

Stacy said...

Love the "country come to town" comment - I can be the same way sometimes. Glad the flight went well and can't wait to get updates as things progress!

Anonymous said...

Glad the trip is going well for ya'll. At least it was only pajamas you forgot, that's pretty good for all you had to pack. Good job by you. Can't wait to see you all together. I'm so excited for you & Bill!!!!
Love Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hurray!! You are almost there--I can't wait to read your next blog. Tomorrow several VN families will be meeting in Syracuse--I'll check your blog before I drive up to see if there is news to share with them. Take care and tell Bill to lay off the cheap cologne! I laughed so hard when I read that part.
Donna
(Waiting to travel to Phoebe Jade in Lang Son)
PS I sent a message to your hotmail account.

Shantel H. said...

Glad ya'll are having a nice trip so far! Too funny on forgetting the pj's... who needs 'em anyways? LOL Can't wait to read more updates!

Shantel :)

Kathryn said...

Still checking out names; nothing like waiting to the last minute, huh? I cannow officially nove your blog to the trtaveling section of my Blog Roll. Can't wait to follow along on yourt adventure?

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you two!! I can't wait to see pictures of your family. Once you are home and settled please email me your address. I would like to send you something for Thuy. Again, congratulations!

Dawn said...

CONGRATS ~ I was thinking of you this weekend. I hope the rest of the trip goes as well as the start.

Anonymous said...

Wow! So excited for you. We are thinking of going with World Child. I wonder if you could email me and let me know how you like them up until now?

Anonymous said...

The highlight of my day is reading your blog. I love how you write exactly like you were telling me the story. I can't wait to see your entries from the next few exciting days!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

It is here!! I am so proud of you for only using one suitcase. That is awesome. The first time I went on a trip with Reece she had her own huge suitcase and then a small bag. We were only gone for 4 days. Chan said I packed everything put her crib. I wish I would have seen those bags then; I will remeber for the next time though.

Love,
Gayle

Anonymous said...

I get goose bumps everytime I read your post. I still remember all the emotions I had when I held Riley for the first time and she smiled up at Andy and I. Amanda, write down everything. Purpose to remember the little details. When Riley came home it all went so fast. When we finally made into the house we layed her on the sofa and sat on the floor and just looked at her in utter amazement that she was ours. Then I picked up my notebook and wrote down everything that I could remember. I'm glad I did. We are so excited for you guys. Love ya, Kelly