Thursday, May 31, 2007

Video Killed the Radio Star....

We just posted a small video clip of when we first held Thuy on May 28th, Monday. You should be able to see the link on the right side of the blog. Due to Internet malfunctions here in Hanoi, or at least at the Hong Ngoc hotel we are unable to view the blog. I can post, but can't actually see the blog page, so hopefully it is on there. This was the very first moment I saw Thuy and got to hold her, Bill was filming so he wasn't in the clip.

We went to the silk factory today and saw how they make silk and then proceeded to the shops where everyone enjoyed some shopping. We've spent our afternoon putting our gifts for the officials, birth mom, and caretaker in bags with tissue paper, etc. And packing Thuy's bag and arguing over the easiest way to mix the bottles. For all you who can remember your first bumbles as parents, you can appreciate the challenge of being a new parent on a trip to a third world country, and receiving her before a 3 hour bus ride back to your hotel. So Thuy's bag is packed.... one pacifier, 3 diapers, wipes, 2 bottles, water to mix the bottles, a toy, and an outfit. Let's hope we've got everything we'll need for our first few hours as parents. Bill's been busy helping all the other parents with their questions as new parents such as formula questions, possible earache symptoms and treatments, etc. He's promised to give a quick exam to everyone's kids when we get back to the hotel.

So, this is our last post before our GOTCHA DAY.... I can barely believe after all this waiting....its finally here.... we bring our baby home tomorrow to her forever family! Happy Happy Birthday Cindy and Jeff! We love you both and wish you a happy & blessed day! I'm so excited our GOTCHA Day will be shared with these two very special people and Thuy will be excited to share her day too!

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

I see where it says "Meeting Thuy for the First Time", but you can't click on it, since there is no hyperlink or anthing. Have you decided on Thuy's new name? Is Bill a doctor?

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes everyday after reading the blog updates!!! I am so excited about tomorrow!! I can not view the clip, so please repost it when you can....I want to share in your first moments holding the baby! I am eagar to see the Moore family tomorrow. I love you! Kat Balou

Anonymous said...

I wish you a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

If I could offer a small piece of advice from someone who has "been there and done that", I would bring an extra outfit for Thuy and a few more diapers for the three hour bus ride. A change of shirt for you and Bill wouldn't hurt, either! Olivia decided on the flight from DaNang to Hanoi to have some "bathroom issues" which required a change of clothes and one of the other babies threw up all over her new daddy requiring him to change his shirt! Just a little tip if you read this in time!

I can't wait to read about Gotcha Day! We are so excited for you!!!!

Melissa

Monique said...

Thuy is beautiful! Just catching up on your blog. I'm so happy for both you and your husband. You have had a long journey and now the rest will be easy for you. I'm hoping to have the same experience soon as we wait to hear our travel date. I sent you an email but in case it doesn't transmit, I wanted to let you know the link to my blog wasn't working so here's the new one: http://vietnamfullcircle.blogspot.com. Have a safe journey home!

Monique

Dawn said...

I am wondering the same things as Kathryn. I hope you have a peaceful night as you prepare for your big day!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy!! Thank you both for sharing all of this with everyone. Just so you know I am becoming obessed with checking this all the time. I call Pam or she calls me to tell me new information. It truly is a highlight of my day. I would take more clothes too and a burp cloth if you have one. You never know what they might decide to do to you.

Love,
Gayle

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for both of you! As new parents we all seconds guess if we're doing the right thing but all in all Thuy will only feel what what loving parents she has!! Enjoy your special day and welcome to the most awesome club in the world!! I've been keeping Gabby posted!!

Luv,
Juls

Catherine said...

I can't see the video either. AHHH!!! I have been waiting to hear about your G and R and hope everything is going well. Send pictures when you get a chance :) Tell Martin we miss him!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I have been checking the blog all day long! I hope you all had a wonderfully happy Gotcha Day and safe bus trip back to Hanoi. I look forward to hearing all about it! Can't wait to see photos of Thuy in her mommy and daddy's arms for good!

Melissa