Wednesday, May 16, 2007

She Wore an Itsby Bitsy Teen Weeny


Tomorrow is back to work for me to start a stretch of 4 shifts in a row, so I have to take my head out of the clouds for a bit and back to the reality of ICU. But we've got our tickets, we've got some baby bottles, the house is still a mess from the reconstruction, but come next Friday, 8 DAYS FROM TODAY, we'll be on our way to Vietnam and I couldn't be happier!


In my earlier post I left out that as soon as I dropped Bill off at work today and made a few more phone calls to airlines, I did the next important thing and bought Thuy a bikini! She must have one to swim in while we're in Hanoi. My friend Leslie sent us the cutest one a while back but it won't fit for a few more months. But a Hawaiian girl can never have too many swimsuits! So, yes, I'm shopping for a 4 month old a swimsuit when I should be purchasing diapers, but I'm a first time mom, I'm allowed!


Then I got home and was reading about our hotel and realized it was the other hotel option given by our agency that had the pool, oh well, maybe we'll make some friends at the other hotel. And if not, she'll have fun wearing it to build sandcastles this summer when her favorite Moore cousins Norah, Katie, & Lauren come to visit, as well as her new pal Hailey coming to visit in August! And by staying at the hotel without the pool, we'll be saving money for college.

5 comments:

Karin said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey online! :) (We met via email a few days ago when you offered encouragement in choosing an agency. We officially sent in the application this week & are on our way! Thanks so much for the help!!!)

Karen said...

I am with you, we are staying at the hotel w/out the pool. We are also with WC and hello, I work in an NICU. Weird! Sending our care package out today to you! Thanks sooo much!
Karen

amanda said...

Congratulations on your travel date!!!! And yes, a girl can never have too many bikinis!! I can't wait to follow your journey!

Dawn said...

So you are working with World Child and have been happy? They are in my top 2 so far. I will axiously follow your trip. I am SO excited for you!! What hotel are you staying in?

Anonymous said...

The "kini" is sooo cute-can't wait to see Thuy on the Georgia coast!!
Love,
Cindy