Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Packages Delivered

To Charisa, Kari, & Karen, wanted to let you know I delivered your packages to Martin the in country coordinator for WC. I even took a picture of the exchange so you'd see your items made it to VN. Kenny, our other coordinator delivered them when we went to visit the orphanage on Monday. They didn't allow us to take any pictures of your little ones or see the inside of the orphanage, but they did say they would be taking some new photos, so hopefully you'll get some soon.

And for many of us, we became friends or have met and supported each other through this process on line. Many people I feel I've had the pleasure of getting to know I've never met in person. But here is a picture of Bill and I with Chi & Wim, ...friends we made on line. While we were eating breakfast one morning Wim said, "Are you the ones remodeling?"What a small world all of a sudden, right? The online community has been such a big part of our process. I don't know how people adopted before without the Internet.

Just can't wait to meet Melissa & Olivia in person, as well as hoping to have Pho one day in VN with Donna and Phoebe Jade.

4 comments:

charisa said...

Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!! I have never met you, but I love you for being so thoughtful! It gives me a pick me up to think that something i touched touched Dylan. It looks like a good time over there.
I have tears in my eayes you made my month!
Take care,
Charisa PS- thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the internet, too as meeting other adoptive parents has been wonderful! I appreciate our friendship and can't wait til our girls (and big brother Maddox) can meet!

Melissa

Karen said...

Thank you so much for delivering our care package! It means so much to us! I cannot wait to be where you are now!

Karen

Two teachers said...

Amanda and Bill--

So Martin is there! He told us how much he wanted to meet you. But he looks tired.

Good luck on your great day ahead in Lang Son! You have been such a friend making deliveries for other families.

Best,
Ed and Peggy