Thursday, May 24, 2007

WHISKY ANYONE?


Okay, so other gifts...... We were also told to bring gifts for the government officials. American cologne or whiskey was told to be an adequate choice. I wasn't so sure about the alocohol, but after talking with Liz, we decided, how much cologne can you really go through if you're getting these gifts often. The alcohol will kind of take care of itself. So, I went to the local store and asked the man, "What's the most American whiskey you have?" He said "Jack Daniel's is the most famous all over the world from America," so, Jack Daniel's it is.

Of course I know you don't need a bottle opener, but I didn't want the men to be left out on a Hawaiian type of gift, so I bought these hawaiian bottle openers. This one is a turtle, we've also got a ukelele, and a flip-flop/slippa.

By the way, there are a lot of Vietnamese people working at the Swap Meet. I heard several owners talking at several tents and inquired, "Are you Vietamese?" They said yes and I quickly shared we were leaving for VN friday to adopt a baby. They were excited for us, and then quickly shared how very HOT we were going to be in VN. One lady asked if my husband was Vietnamese, I said yes, not caring to go into explaining Bill is Happa (that means mixed for you non-Hawaiians). She then said, "Oh, you're Vietnamese, I give you better price." So I was very happy walking out of that tent with my very white self, being called Vietnamese! Just wait till I have that adorable Thuy with me, then i'll really be able to bargain well!

No comments: