Friday, May 25, 2007

ON OUR WAY

Alright guys, its our final post before we head to VN. We have a 9 hour flight to Korea, then a layover for a few hours, then on to Hanoi! I'm very proud of our luggage status, 2 checked bags, 1 carry on, and a small backpack for each of us. One big bag has all of our orphanage donations and the other bag has everything for me, Bill, & Thuy all in one. Quite impressive for those of you who know me personally and know what a big packer I am. The suitcase that now travels for 3, is what I took for myself when I was in VN in the fall. There was a 50 lb wt limit which we were over on the donation bag, but we payed the over charge, and we're on our way. The other bag was 49.9 lbs, very close, but I made it!

I bought some of those space saver bags at Walmart, and those really helped. Bill, Thuy, and I each have our own space saver bag with all our clothes in it. I must admit Thuy's bag is the biggest. Sad when you think how much smaller her clothes are than ours. Its hard to pack for a baby, when I've never had a baby, and don't truly know just how many outfits they need, and how much is really necessary. I had all my travel lists from my adoptive friends on what to pack, thank you to you all for your help.

Thank you Melissa for the big care package, Thuy will be modeling some of the beautiful outfits. And thank you Liz for all the diaper bag goodies, very helpful.

So, we're off, next time we blog...... Vietnam!!!!

7 comments:

amanda said...

Yeah I'm soooo happy for you!!!! Can't wait for your next post and to see pics of your beautiful new family. Congrats MOMMY!!!

Karen said...

Have a great time! Cannot wait to see you united with Thuy!

Jen said...

I'm so excited for you! Safe travels!

Karin said...

I can't wait to follow your trip -- especially as a fellow PAP hoping to be heading to Vietnam this fall as well!!! :) I'm very excited for you!!!

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome and I can't wait to see Thuy's fashion show! We are praying for safe travels and a wonderful Gotcha Day! Try to take in each and every moment and make sure someone has the camera pointed right at you when you meet your daughter!!!!

Hard to belive our journey to Vietnam to get Olivia was already 4 months ago! Can't wait to see the first photos of Mommy and Daddy holding Thuy! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie I can't hardly wait to see you & Bill united with Thuy.Take lots of pictures and can't wait to see beautiful your family will be with your precious darlin in your arms for the first time! Love to all 3, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey! She will definately be the best dressed baby there! I know that you will be a wonderful mommy! She is blessed to be given to such a wonderful family! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. Love you, Kathryn